Tuesday 6 March 2007

Nutty milk of cashews and almonds

I believe I could never be vegetarian or vegan. Not that I couldn't resist eating animal products, I just don't really see the point for me to do it. But nuts make veganism neat. Nuts are the thing.


So if you don't want to drink milk for some reason or just want to experience something different and surprisingly good, try nut milk. Looks just like the real thing and tastes even better. I only used 2 dl of water when making my nut milk, the result was quite rich but at the same time silky and tasteful. You may add more water if you want a lighter version.


Cashew and almond milk


1 dl cashews and almonds (in all)
2-4 dl water
1 tsp honey
vanilla

1. Grind the nuts (you may peel the almonds first if you like) very well, you may even make a paste of them.
2. Start adding water, bit by bit in the beginning. You may do it in a food processor or in a blender.
3. Add some vanilla and honey (or whatever else you like) to add more taste.
4. You may strain the nut milk or not, cool it or use it immediately. It will keep in the fridge for about three days.



I used the nut milk on some cereals, my father preffered to drink it by itself. But it can be used like real milk or cream (depends on the richness)...everywhere. I really love pancakes made with coconut milk so I believe this version of nut milk would work great in them too.

No comments: