Hey, khm, with no sun here the least I'm worth is a good long TROPICAL VACATION, right?
But with none coming around...I'm gonna have to do with some tropical curd instead, dreaming of ripe (preferrably peeled and sliced) pineapples falling right into my hands from up above while I myself am sunbathing in my new pretty blue bikinis. (Yes, that would totally fix my mood)
Pineapple and lime curd with dried apricots
5 dl pineapple juice
10 dried apricots
100 g butter
2 1/2 dl sugar
1/2 dl lime juice
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice and dried apricots. Boil vigorously without lid until the apricots are soft and the juice is reduced to about 1/2 dl, 20-30 minutes.
- Measure out 1/2 of reduced juice and dice the apricots into little pieces.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar and slightly beaten eggs, whisk until combined. Then add reduced pineapple juice and lime juice. Whisk at moderate heat until the mixture thickens.
- Flavour with vanilla and add apricot pieces, making sure they do not stick to each other.
- Pour the curd into jars, close them and leave to cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge.
The curd has really got a nice pineapple flavour to it, with a huge hint to lime. The apricot pieces are soft and full of taste when stumbled upon with your teeth! It's gorgeous like the classical lemon curd, only better;)
Good with cookies, ice cream, between cakes, pancakes, good to dunk a spoon into to enjoy the sensation of a whole mouthful. Just good.
And this good curd will also take part in the brand new event Putting up hosted by Rosie of Rosie bakes a peace of cake and Pixie of You say tomato...I say tomato that is all about preserves!