While eating tosca cake, haven't you ever wished for just more of that fabulous almond coating and less, well...cake? I certainly have. My favourite coating is from a recipe for tosca buns. This time I tried it with simple Digestive cookies. It was fast, simple and...know what? Had less cake!
50 g butter
1 dl sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp milk
100 g sliced almonds
a bunch of Digestive cookies
(or any graham crackers)
1. melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. add flour, sugar and milk, bring the mixture to a boil.
3. stir in the sliced almonds.
4. spread the mixture over cookies
5. bake in the oven at 200C for about 7 minutes or until the almonds are golden brown.
6. let the cookies cool a bit before transfering them away from the griddle.
I was afraid the cookies would brown too much, but they didn't! It was child's play, it was so easy. The cookies would be perfect for surprise guests when you discover you've got nothing special to serve them. And whenever you feel like tosca cake...there's nothing more simple.