Fazer's Domino cookies are a dream come true for many cookie lovers (not really for me...er...I'm not that much of a chocolate lover...well I can pretend; but their taste does kick ass for sure). And the taste of Domino cookies in a truffle...I guess I'll have more friends on Thursday than I ever imagined:D
(inspiration from Bakerella's Oreo truffles; makes about 50)
350 g Domino cookies (2 small boxes)
175 g cream cheese
about 200 g dark chocolate
- Crush the cookies into a fine powder in a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and process until the mixture is very creamy.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to harden.
- Form balls (or other shapes) from the mixture and place them into the fridge to harden for some more time.
- Melt chocolate over a water bath, dip all truffles into the chocolate and place them onto a plate/cutting board covered with foil. Place into the fridge to harden.
No kidding, these cookies have the distinctive Domino cookie taste that will hit you as a wonderful surprise. They're chocolate-y, very creamy. Very creamy. Sweet enough and silky when melting on your tongue. Very creamy. The chocolate coating will remain slightly softer than on a usual chocolate truffle and stick loyally onto it.
...and there's one more great thing. THE GREATEST, if you ask me. Usually forming truffles is a messy business, chocolate sticking to fingers when warming up and stuff and stuff like that. I hate it (I mean - I don't hate licking my fingers clean all the time, that's great, but, everything else there is to it - I hate).
This truffle mixture ISN'T ANNOYINGLY STICKY.