INSTEAD, our curd cheese toasts went un poco loco. That's what confused appetite does to a person, because I really craved something savoury.
You could try using ricotta instead of curd cheese here. Or even cream cheese for a richer treat. Though as long as I've got curd cheese, I wouldn't even look towards those two...
Warm curd cheese toasts with feta cheese and smoked sausage
(makes 6 toasts)
about 6 slices of bread
250 g curd cheese
1/2 - 1 onion (according to your love for onions)
about 1/2 tsp dried herb mix of basil, oregano and marjoram (you could also use only one of them)
20 g smoked sausage of salami (I used deer sausage)
50 g feta
about 1 dl grated cheese
salt, pepper, sugar
- Dice the onion and sautee it in butter until it becomes transparent and slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Finely dice the sausage and also dice the feta.
- Mix the egg into the curd cheese, add the herb mix, sausage, feta and sauteed onion. Flavour with salt, pepper and a bit of sugar.
- Lay bread slices onto a greased baking sheet and spread the mixture onto them.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes, then add the grated cheese on top of the toasts and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve warm.
Weird how dishes as ordinary as kohupiimasaiad can sometimes surprise so much:/
Just the weirdness I love!